From time to time good ol' Bob writes a letter to the editor of the Journal Times mostly of a religious nature, sometimes not. No matter what he writes it's always got a "Get off my lawn!" after-taste. Oh well.
Today, the Journal Times gave Bob some ample real estate on the opinion page for an entire commentary. The title is: "When will we see our government for what it really is?" I must admit when I saw it, I thought, "Oh man it is too early in the week for this shit". But I read it anyway looking for some gems to harvest.
Well, I have to say I agreed with much of what Bobo had to say ...
- Earmarks are total crap and you shouldn't be able to sneak them in either.
- I too am pissed about the government listening in on our phones calls. I don't care if you call it homeland security or a ham sandwich. It is wrong and the Patriot Act should not be renewed.
- We do need to stop borrowing money. But unless you are willing to talk about the defense budget don't even start with me.
- I too have a problem with our aggressive foreign policy. We need to get out of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan immediately.
- Our government is for sale and politicians are bought and sold. With the Citizens United decision, look for it to get worse.