The Family Research Council (deemed a hate group by the SPLC) is rolling across Wisconsin beginning June 21st to support Tommy Thompson in his race against the evil gay, Tammy Baldwin.
Called the "Values Bus" tour, Tommy Thompson is scheduled to speak at one of the stops in Wisconsin. No word yet whether FRC President, Tony Perkins will be present.
The Family Research Council is famously known for it's anti-choice, anti-woman, anti-gay agenda dictated by founders who eventually get caught with gay-escorts. Tommy T. who has re-branded himself as a teabilly is hanging out with all kinds of new friends like these assholes.
Let's review some of Perkins and FRC's more "Christian" statements (courtesy of GLAAD):
- Says about gay people: “They are intolerant. They are hateful. They are vile. They are spiteful...pawns of the enemy.” (See 0:43 mark.)
- Says many gays have an "emptiness within them" (:55) because they are "operating outside of nature" (1:09)
- Says that gay young people “have a higher propensity to depression or suicide because of that internal conflict; homosexuals may recognize intuitively that their same-sex attractions are abnormal.”
- Despite what health experts have said, insists that pedophilia is “a homosexual problem.”
- The Family Research Council has distributed a pamphlet that erroneously depicts gay men and lesbians as physically and mentally ill pedophiles who can be cured.
- The Family Research Council has distributed a pamphlet that begins by likening the logic behind same-sex marriage to the logic behind man-horse marriage (complete with horse graphic) Compares gay people to terrorists (at 0:31 mark): “[B]ack in the 80s and early 90s, I worked with the State Department in anti-terrorism and we trained about 50 different countries in defending against terrorism, and it’s, at its base, what terrorism is, it's a strike against the general populace simply to spread fear and intimidation so that they can disrupt and destabilize the system of government. That's what the homosexuals are doing here to the legal system.” - “The truth is that we cannot redefine marriage without opening the door to all manner of moral and social evil.”
- Called the It Gets Better project "disgusting," claiming it tells children "that it's okay to be immoral" and constitutes a "concerted effort to persuade kids that homosexuality is okay and actually to recruit them into that lifestyle."
- Paid $82,500 to use the phone bank of former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke for an election run-off.
- Claims "blood of young marines" is on hands of legislators who voted to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell.
- Claims "people know intuitively that [homosexuality] is morally wrong" - Says "it's a fact" that homosexuality leads to "eternal damnation"
The "Values Bus" will arrive in Kenosha on Sunday, June 24th at Lincoln Park from 2 to 3 pm. The Siren suggests that anyone who knows a gay person, has a family member who is gay or is actually a gay person - be at Lincoln Park to greet them - loudly - and fabulously - of course.